The Materials Science and Engineering Department offers several options within the master’s program. All programs are designed to offer enhanced specialization in concentrated areas of interest in the materials science and engineering field.
MSE offers the following master of science degrees
- MS in Materials Science (Research)
- MS in Materials Science and Engineering (Coursework)
- MS in Additive Manufacturing
- MS in Artificial Intelligence Engineering in MSE
- MS in Computational Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE)
- Dual Degree with
Students from other science and engineering disciplines are welcome to apply to the Master’s graduate program.
Part-time master of science enrollment is an option available for students in special circumstances, such as students who would like to pursue a master of science degree while maintaining external employment. Note that immigration regulations do not allow Carnegie Mellon University to issue visa documents for the part-time master of science program.