The Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering is a full-time coursework-based degree that provides an advanced foundational education to professionals interested in advancing their knowledge in Materials Science and Engineering. Students in the program will gain a fundamental understanding of materials structure, properties, and the processing of materials and their applications in various areas of engineering. The Master of Science degree can be completed in two full-time academic semesters. Students interested in completing the program outside of the standard timeline should discuss this with the program director prior to enrollment.
- 24 units of MSE core courses
- 24 units of MSE graduate elective courses (27-7**)
- 24 units of approved MSE-related courses
- 24 units of approved graduate courses
- All Masters students must enroll, attend, and actively participate in the graduate seminar course (27-774) each semester in which they are registered.